Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Continued Inspirations

Cafe Three
After my experience with Cafe One and Two I decided to brush off another failed painting and work in the same vein as the prior paintings. Sometimes you have a work that just never makes it.....it is totally unresolvable. The good thing with pastel is....you can brush off the pigment particles and then wash down the Wallis sanded pastel paper with water. Let it dry thoroughly and you have a pretoned surface with the grit ready to take on new pastel. That's what I did with this new piece, "Cafe Three". Then I painted another abstract version of groups of people interacting in a cafe setting. I totally enjoy working abstractly like this. There is lots of freedom and color is inspiring of itself. Hope you enjoy these three paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment